Things to Look Out for in Minimum Deposit Casino Bonuses
At a quick glance, many online casino bonuses appear similar. There is great variety however in how much you are expected to deposit to fully cash in the bonus. If you plan to gamble with just low deposits, it is important to try and look out for certain things in an online casino:
- Required play-through: This condition applies to the matched bonus sum, often shown in percentage, and sometimes to your deposited sum as well. All casinos will require you to roll over the bonus a certain number of times before you can make your withdrawal. Some casinos can have a wagering requirement as large as 50x, but you are much better off playing at a casino where the requirement is 30x or even just 20x.
- Restricted Games: As you are fulfilling your play-through requirement for quite a while, you might want to spend that time playing games you actually enjoy. Check the list of allowed games. Slots often count 100% towards the wagering requirement, whereas some table games count only 10% of the bet or not at all.
- Non-Cashable Bonuses: Some casinos state that all the bonus funds are non-withdrawable, meaning that they will never count in your actual wins. These funds will be removed as you make your withdrawal request. This makes non-cashable bonus a lot less valuable.
- Payment Method Restrictions: Some payment methods might be restricted at certain online casinos. An example of this can be certain e-wallets, such as Neteller or Skrill. You can still get the bonus if you use another payment method, but just pay close attention to the terms.
Extra Incentives at Minimum Deposit Casinos
As the matched bonus funds for a minimum deposit casino are naturally quite low, the online casino can offer other types of perks to lure in players, called incentives.
A common example of incentives are free spins. This means that the player can get usually between 10 to 100 spins on a slot game without paying for the game rounds. Free spins have terms and conditions as well, and any winnings from the spins will have a required play-through. There might also be a cap on the winnings (the maximum allowed sum to withdraw) and the spins may only be used in one or more designated slots.
Players might also be offered entries to tournaments, which often involve slots but may sometimes be played in games like blackjack. In tournaments players compete against each other for a certain time. The person to win is often the one who gets the largest win adapted to their bet size, or sometimes the player who completes a mission in the least number of spins.
Players can also get real money incentives such as a free chip to play on live dealer games, or a free bet on sports betting, if the casino offers these services as well.
Experienced players know that any initial welcome bonus or incentive is bound to run out quite quickly, so a more important aspect of playing at an online casino are the recurring offers. Any ongoing extras can offer you extended playtime for years to come, and a loyalty programme will see that every bet you make will give you something in return.
Best Payment Options for Minimum Deposit Casinos
Low deposits might require a specific payment method, as there might be a relatively large minimum deposit requirement for the most common deposit methods, such as credit cards. If you are looking to only deposit €10 or €20, you should consider the following options:
- PayPal– PayPal is an extremely popular e-wallet service, used by millions of people around the world. As your credit card details are securely stored in PayPal, there is no need to put your information on the casino website. All you have to do is log in using your e-mail address and PayPal password to make a deposit. This method can be used to make even extra small deposits, such as €1 or €5, which are accepted by some minimum deposit casinos.
- Paysafecard– Paysafecard is a pre-paid voucher, which can be used to pay for deposits on multiple online casinos. The great thing about Paysafecard is that the vouchers can be combined when there is only a small amount of money left on one.
- Payeer– Payeer is an e-wallet that can be used to make casino deposits. You can fund your Payeer account by using your credit/debit card and then use your Payeer account to pay for purchases online.
- Neteller– One of the most popular e-wallets around, Neteller is used by many gamers globally. However, many casinos accepting Neteller will have a minimum deposit limit of €20 or above, so it may not be suitable for very small deposits.
- Skrill– Just like Neteller and PayPal, Skrill is an e-wallet trusted by millions of users. You can securely store your card details on Skrill and then just use your login details to make payments quickly and effortlessly.
Pros & Cons
As with everything, low deposit casinos have their pros and cons when compared to other types of casinos. Here is a short bullet point list on them:
- You can play the most popular online games for little money
- Ideal for new casino players
- You can get a feel for the casino and the games before making larger deposits
- Easy to register and fast payments
- Some banking methods might be restricted
- You will not have access to all promotions when making small deposits