First Deposit Bonuses
Deposits can make the difference
Many online casinos offer a special introductory offer to new members and the most common and popular of these is the First Deposit Bonus. The value of the bonus, and exactly how this is applied to a new account, varies from site to site but the general rules are likely to follow the guidelines laid out in our comprehensive guide to online casinos. Our guide will take you step by step through the process of registering a new account and how to make the most of any First Deposit Bonuses and other offers that may be available.
Deposits can make the difference
About First Deposit Bonuses
Introductory promotions are designed to entice potential customers to open an account and are offered as an incentive to do so. These promotions will offer a cash bonus to be added to the account or perhaps free spins on certain casino games. Always bearing in mind that “there is no such thing as a free lunch” it would be foolish to assume that the website operators will simply hand over free cash to a new customer or offer the chance to win on free spins without some sort of safety net to protect against customers simply walking away with the company’s money. While many deals are excellent, and worth further investigation, the terms and conditions of any introductory offer should be thoroughly read and understood before signing up.
Claiming an Offer
Our website is home to many online casinos with most offering special introductory or registration bonuses. Which one is most appealing is a matter of personal choice but the steps to follow to claim an offer are basically the same:
- Select the casino and offer that is most appealing. This will take you to the casino’s homepage.
- On the home page (usually prominently displayed) click the “Register” or “Join” button.
- Complete the registration form that appears. This usually requires personal details including name, address, email, phone and payment details.
- Verify the details with the requested form of identity, usually an ID Card or passport.
- Make a first deposit to the new account. The amount that must be deposited will vary from site to site but is usually a small sum just to activate the account and check the method of payment. At this point it may also be necessary to enter any Promotional Code associated with the offer.
The First Deposit Bonus will be added to the new account once the details supplied have been verified and any accompanying conditions have been bet.
Introductory offers, while attractive, are a means of attracting new customers and not a giveaway. There are always strings attached which will be explained in the terms and conditions section of the casino website under consideration. A common mistake made by new customers is the failure to read and understand the rules that apply to a particular offer and thereby not getting the best value for their custom. Common regulations include:
- Wagering Requirement: Most promotional offers will require new customers to place a set number of bets or wagers before they can actually make a withdrawal against their winnings.
- Cash-out Limit: Some offers are limited to a set amount as a payout while others will only allow a prescribed withdrawal amount once the terms of the promotional offer have been met. This may or may not meet expectations but these limits should be clearly explained.
- Game Compatibility: As part of a promotional offer, it is quite common for the casino to put a limit on which games or slots can be played. While this will suit some new members as they may be familiar with the selected available games others may not find the allowed games or slots to their liking. Extensive details on the various restrictions in force at different casinos can be found on our website.
- Banking Methods: Although most of the bigger payment methods such as Skrill, Neteller and major credit cards are accepted on many sites not all methods are accepted on all sites. A preferred method of payment, perhaps from an existing account, may not be an option on a chosen site so the available banking methods should be studied before registering a new account.
- Country Restrictions: Although a casino website is based in the United Kingdom it does not necessarily follow that the promotions on offer are available to residents of that country. It can happen that a First Deposit Bonus is offered to residents of another country as a means of attracting new customers from that jurisdiction while a similar, but different, offer may apply to UK residents. The Terms and Conditions page on the casino’s website should clearly explain such situations.
What NOT to Do
First Deposit Bonuses and other promotional offers are intended to attract new customers and not drive them away by confusing them. Following the instructions given should make it as easy to register a new account but making basic errors can result in confusion and possibly losing out on the bonus being offered. The following will ensure a simple and worry-free experience:
DON’T skip over the Terms and Conditions or FAQ pages as the information contained therein will prevent making unnecessary mistakes.
DON’T simply opt for the casino that offers the biggest cash bonus or the most free spins. The applicable T’s and C’s may mean the offer is not quite as good as it appears if there are numerous wagering requirements and a low withdrawal limit.
DON’T try to cash in any bonus before the terms and conditions are fulfilled as this may put the whole bonus in jeopardy.
DON’T attempt to fool the system by trying to claim multiple First Deposit Bonuses or free spins. These are limited to first time customers and matched to the claimant’s name, account, IP address and are monitored closely for suspicious activity.
Following the applicable rules and regulations will ensure you enjoy a simple registration process and the maximum benefit from any First Deposit Bonus on offer. The list of online casinos is long and more are being added every day. To help in the search for the best offers currently available check out our extensive list of the best Deposit Bonuses for 2020 on our site and pick the one that most appeals to your personal taste!